2018 will open for us a new chapter of the simulator of American football from EA Games in the form of Madden NFL 19. Therefore, in this article, based on insider information and rumors of the game world, we will try to predict the release date of Madden NFL 19. Also you will see possible variants: who of the stars of American League will be on the cover of the game, learn the latest news and get acquainted with the wish list of the players.
I would like to say right now that 2017 was very successful for Madden and EA Games. The developers of the game worked hard that to give the world a cool game scenario with a lot of improvements. For example:
- A smooth transition to the Frostbite Engine.
- A new story mode “Longshot”, which eventually got the nomination Writer’s Guild.
- They implemented FIFA’s popular Weekend Leagues in Ultimate Team.
- The game received a plenty of interesting tricks in its gameplay.
- The opportunity to play live games was realized.
And many other things … did not you know? In that case, we have prepared for you a short review about the new Madden.
For the whole 2017, the developers promised that the Madden NFL 18 would be a completely different experience, previously unprecedented in the lineup of this sports simulator, and the main focus was on an innovative story campaign, kindly moderated by a certain Mike Young. Soccer is football, and the notorious “cinematic experience” recently got the habit of dropping into genres in which five years ago we even didn’t think to see it, especially at the level that was represented in the new Madden.
The story, entitled “LONG SHOT” will tell about the fate of two friends and prospective footballers Devin Wade and Colton “Colt” Cruise – ambitious guys from the Texas outback. Colt and Devin have been playing football since childhood, following the advice of his father, Ali Mahershala (Oscar winner in 2016 for his best supporting actor). Gradually, the children grew, and with them their sporting achievements also grew: both had time to visit the local team and win the state championship, after which the athletes decided to approach the matter much more responsibly, and try to break into the official NFL draft.
From this moment the main storyline begins, filled with a wide variety of events, characters, turns, and most importantly feelings and emotions. Every hero in the “LONG SHOT” mode is described completely, is superbly voiced and fits perfectly into what is happening in the script. And let the script does not shine with any intrigue and super-original solutions, the story as a whole is felt very, very lively, so much that it can give a head start to many full-fledged projects in terms of direction.
In addition, work with angles, competent distribution of plans and rich facial animation do their job, and you will often forget that you are playing a video game. Rather, it will seem that you are watching an excellent sporting melodrama, and you will have to come back to the real world only in those moments when the active stage of the gameplay comes, which here, by the way, is not so little.
In the process of playing, Devin Wade regularly has to manifest himself in various aspects of football activities. Training on the field, memorizing and passing the basic part and knowledge of football tactics (and you still don’t know that NFL is an intellectual sport?), interviewing and simple disputes with colleagues: all this will affect several of your indicators, which in the end form your overall rating on a scale from 1 to 10. Well, the rating and, in general, the actions you take will directly influence the final choice of a certain ending.
Starting to pass “LONG SHOT” you can’t tear yourself away from the campaign until its most final titles. Even after a small game session, you are so imbued with the spirit of American football that you immediately go to the Internet in search of the last record of any memorable match. What is a noteworthy, Madden NFL fan share their impressions for half a year and discuss the story mode in every possible way! If EA Tiburon wanted to impress the players, promising a completely new experience, then they definitely did it!
In the gameplay plan Madden NFL 18 also has got significant innovations. Most importantly, the main thing is the division of the game process into three different versions, which makes it possible to start playing Madden with great comfort even for those who practically never had a gamepad in their hands, but also don’t forget about the veterans of the franchise, accustomed to strict and demanding introduction of various feints and commands. The first of them is the most curious and original, but at the same time very casual Arcade – is a reworked system of passes, transfers, rebounds, and, in general, virtually all controls in the game. In the Arcade, it feels much smoother and relaxed and is mastered in a couple of hours, and some actions are performed by team members themselves, which allows you to focus on a specific player. Well, a nice bonus is the slightly simplified rules of the game.
The second option is called Simulations, looks also quite curious, since its main point is the authenticity of everything that is happening. Real team rosters, the characteristics of the players entirely conform to their ratings in reality, and the rules in the game are indistinguishable from the very real NFL match. Well, the third style is Competitive, and, as is clear from the title, is a competitive dogma in Madden. Management in it is traditional, it’s all about the interaction with the sticks on the gamepad, well, the gameplay itself is inherited from the previous parts.
In general, the changes are connected with the division of the game into three styles can be sort out for a long time, but this is not a big necessity. Edits touched almost all the gaming moments, such as passes, pre-game solutions, protection, character control. But the modes, except for the above-mentioned plot campaign in the game didn’t increase, but on the contrary, some were even removed or reworked. Although all the key and favorite moments remained, for example, the same omnipresent Ultimate Team mode that can flaunt fresh challenges, and the traditional game mode has learned to select you projections of real NFL matches based on the chosen team of favorites.
Well, as for the video graphics in the game, this year the guys from EA Tiburon decided to use the cool popular Frostbite engine, which did not improve the game visually (excluding the staged scenes). However, the main thing is that the new Madden looks no worse than its predecessor last year, which last year was perhaps the most beautiful sports simulator. But animation, contrary to the graphics, the new engine only benefited, making the players’ movements more vivid and plausible. Anyway, we shouldn’t worry about the beauty and entertainment in the NFL-series from EA Games, keep it up.
However, we cannot say that Madden is the coolest game from EA Games, especially when compared with the giant of the game world FIFA. Therefore, of course there are many more parameters in which Madden can add and do this already in 2018. We do not know exactly what EA Games will prepare for us in the Madden NFL 19 game, but we can predict several areas that can be improved. And if you take into consideration the fact that developers from year to year listen to the wishes of the players and make some innovations in the gameplay, then we have excellent chances to see something from the list of players’ wishes. And so, let’s move on to the wish list.
Madden NFL 19 Wish list
From the Internet we collected all the most discussed and desired innovations that players want to see in the Madden NFL 2019:
- Support for new gaming platforms such as Wii U and Nintendo Switch. Of course, EA Games will not be very easy to adapt its engine to new consoles, keeping their limitations. Especially since we all remember the experience of EA Games with Wii … It’s hard to imagine that the company will be ready to adapt Madden NFL 2019 to Wii U and Nintendo Switch, but if this happens, firstly, the game audience will expand, and secondly it will be a good sign for future projects from EA Games.
- Web sites for access of the game, for example, if you are not at home and can not use your game console to manage your team, a site or application through which every player can manage their account can help. The idea is good, but very cumbersome for implementation. But if we see something like that, that will be a huge plus in the Madden NFL 2019 rating.
- Continuation of the story line. Longshot – has become one of the most popular and well-received elements in the game Madden NFL 18. Players liked the story solution from the developers; they plunged into the fascinating story of Devin Wade and Colton “Colt” Cruise. And now it’s not at all surprising that everyone wants to see more, everyone wants the plot to develop further.
- Squad Battles in Ultimate Team. EA Games regularly from year to year adds something new to the “Ultimate Team” mode. It would not be bad to see the “Squad Battles” mode – where you will play against AI-controlled squads to gain more points and coins for leadership. Such a mode would be well integrated into the existing structure of the game and diversify the “Ultimate Team”. Isn’t it?
- Creating own players for the Franchise mode. That sounds good! Just imagine if each player could create his own player for the franchise mode. And it sounds even cooler: To be able to create a new NFL command from scratch in franchise mode. Be able to bargain like a player created in franchise mode. Be able to be called into a franchise in the franchise mode.
Who will be on the cover of Madden NFL 19?
A very intriguing question for all Madden fans is the question of who will be the face of the new season. There are a lot of choices for this role and now we can only guess which of them will take this place of honor.
Eric Steven Weddle
Justin James Watt
Aaron Charles Donald
Aaron Charles Rodgers
Le’Veon Andrew Bell
Marshal John Yanda
Matthew Thomas Ryan
How do you like these choices? And who would you like to see on the cover of Madden NFL 2019? Write in the comments.
Madden NFL 19 Release Date
And finally we got to the most interesting question, which interests absolutely all the fans of the game: “When is the date for the release of Madden NFL 2019 planned?” EA Games every year updates all its projects, and Madden is no exception. If you pay attention to the previous releases of the game, you can easily predict that a new part of Madden will be released in August 2018.